Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Do not have option to choose Microsoft Word as my processor

Do not have option to choose Microsoft Word as my processor

All my templates appear as .tpl files.  I do not have the option to choose any of our .adt files.  How do I allow ACT! to recognize Microsoft Word as its processor??
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Do not have option to choose Microsoft Word as my processor

Hello 1031CORP,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. The type of templates you can view in ACT! depend on your preference for your default word porcessor. Choosing the ACT! Word Processor lets you view .tpl files and choosing Word enables .adt files. To choose your default word processor, go to Tool>Preferences>Communication tab.

If you do not see MS Word as option under the Communications tab, here are some possible causes:

- Version of Word is not supported by version of ACT!.

* ACT! 2005-2007 supports Word 2000, 2002, 2003

* ACT! 2008-2010 supports Word 2002, 2003, 2007

- Damaged Word installation. For Word 2002-2003, go to Help/Detect & Repair. For Word 2007, go to the Office button in upper right, Word Options, the Resources, then Office Diagnostics (Diagnose)

- ACT! and Word did not properly connect during installation. Uninstall ACT! via Control Panel, reboot machine, reinstall ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

As Greig said, it can depend on which versions of ACT! and Word.

Also, ACT! must be installed AFTER Word.

jlo

I have ACT premium and Word 2010.  How can I get word as a word processor option?

Thanks

Hello jlo,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Unfortunately, ACT! does not support Office 2010, so it will not be able to integrate with Word 2010. The alternative would be to use Word 2002, 2003, 2007 or the built-in ACT! Word Processor.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.