Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Displaying an allocated company in contacts

Copper Contributor

Displaying an allocated company in contacts

HI - hoping someone can point me to a easy way to do this.

On the upper sheet of the Contact screen, I would like the record to display which  company the contact has been allocated to. Short of having the lower screen display the list of companies / groups the contact belongs to , I can't find a way of easily doing this.

I have also tried to use Abacus for Act to copy a field, but can't reference the company allocation to a new field.

Any suggestions? ( I may be overlooking something very obvious as a new user!)

Thanks, Steve

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Displaying an allocated company in contacts

Are you wanting the Company record that the contact is linked to display in the Company field? If so, then click the box with the three dots next to the Company name to establish a company link. The Company named will be hyperlinked once you do this.

Aside from this, there is no mechanism with the program to automatically assign this information to another field. You can do this manually by using the Copy Field option under the Edit menu to copy the data in the Company field to a field of your choice.

If you want to do this automatically, then there may be a third-party add-on product called Copy Fields Contents you can look at.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.