Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Disconnected from Server / RDB - Advice on how to get database back "online"

Disconnected from Server / RDB - Advice on how to get database back "online"

HI Everyone,

I've got a bit of a weird one.

Our IT department decided to upgrade the server where our Sage ACT Pro 2012 V.14.1.108.0 was stored so essentially, the RDB that was set up to allow me to sync was instantly disconnected.

I'm one of the very few with a remote database as I'm on a laptop.

Stupidly I have been working "remote/standalone" for over 100 days (as we have been trying other ways to get the sync/rdb up and running again) so I was hoping you could give me advice on the best way to get -re-sync'd up again.

Many thanks in advance.

JoZ

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Disconnected from Server / RDB - Advice on how to get database back "online"

It depends on what the upgrade was.  If they upgraded Act! then you will need to upgrade your remote.  If they merely changed the name of the server then you may be able to get your remote to sync by changing the name of the server you sync with.  If that doesn't work then the best way to resolve the issue is to create a new remote database and export the updated records from your old database into the new database.  You should probably contact an Act! Certified Consultant to get your issue resolved.  They can probably do it with little to no loss of data.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Re: Disconnected from Server / RDB - Advice on how to get database back "online"

HI Stan,

Thanks for the heads up.

I will let you know how I get on.

Much appreciated.

JoZ