Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Disable prompt to set-up e-mail in APFW v16.1

Copper Contributor

Disable prompt to set-up e-mail in APFW v16.1

Client uses APFW and wishes to NOT use e-mail, but each time they select the e-mail field, it prompts them to set up e-mail integration.  Is there a way to "tell it once and for all" NOT to keep prompting?  There does not appear to be a "This is my final answer" option...

Smiley Frustrated

Thank you!

Brenda Ralston

Specializing in New User Set-Up, Hands-On Training, and Layout Customizations for Small Businesses & the Self-Employed
Silver Contributor

Re: Disable prompt to set-up e-mail in APFW v16.1

[ Edited ]

HI Brenda?  So a question.  what do they want to happen when they click on the button? Are they clicking accidently? or do they just want to have outlook popup without the outlook integration piece of ACT?

If they just want outlook to pop up with the emal address populated but no ACT integration, go ahead and tell ACT That.  Just once

In ACT, go to tools preferences, email.  JUst check the box for Default and check the box for Outlook is my default.

You don't need to choose configure mail server.

This should keep the wizzaard from popping up.

Greetings from Texas!

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Re: Disable prompt to set-up e-mail in APFW v16.1

[ Edited ]

Hi, Jon.

They want to be able to select the field and copy the e-mail address, then paste into their mail program...  without ACT! prompting to set up mail.  They just don't automatically slow down to Right Click within the e-mail field to select it.  It's really very simple to just Right Click, but when you're in a hurry... 

Oh wait:  I forgot that they are in APFW, so Right Click is not a simple answer ;-(

Thank you for asking!

Brenda

Specializing in New User Set-Up, Hands-On Training, and Layout Customizations for Small Businesses & the Self-Employed