Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Disable Quick Attach

Copper Contributor

Disable Quick Attach

My company is using ACT! 10 version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1.

The Quick Attach program is always running in the background and our users typically have several emails per day that aren't being attached, which they shouldn't be. The problem is, with the program constantly running in the background and trying to find a contact to attach these emails to, they accumulate and cause ACT to bog down.  I would like to know how to go about disabling Quick Attach. Any help?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Disable Quick Attach

To disable Quick Attach requires the removal of the Act! Address Book from Outlook.  There isn't a way to disable the Quick Attach function without completely removing the ability to record history for emails sent via Outlook. 
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Wow, that is unforchunate. I almost wish we would have stayed with 2008 instead of upgrading! There's so many thing I don't like about 2010 including all the little bugs and glitches. Thanks for the info!
Platinum Elite Contributor

If there are some messages you would prefer not to attach, then you can just manually select to not record history for that message priot to sending it. This way you do not have to disable to integration. In the new message screen in Outlook, you should see a dropdown on the toolbar which allows you to override the default history recording option. Prior to sending a message that you do not wish to attach to history, change the option to "None" and ACT! will not attach it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.