Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Differentiating Companies with Contacts and Exporting Contacts and Companies together

Differentiating Companies with Contacts and Exporting Contacts and Companies together

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make it so that when you are in company detail (List along the side) and company list to make the companies that have contacts under them to stand out somehow by either highlighting them or flagging?

Basically like when you link a contact to a company it turns blue and is underlined. Is there a way that I can do that to a company who has contacts?

Also, is there a way that we can export companies to excel but also have the contacts under them exported with it?

If anyone could give me answers to these questions, it would be most helpful.

Thanks! 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Differentiating Companies with Contacts and Exporting Contacts and Companies together

Neither are standard options in ACT!

I don't think there is a way (even with the SDK) to highlight companies in the tree view.

For the export, ACT! doesn't export the tables together. You can do this with itExport

If you are technically capable with databases and OLEDB or ODBC, there are some other option. I have posted some here:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/07/connecting-to-act-by-sage-data.html