Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Did Uninstall/ReInstall of V9 on 2003 server. Works great there

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Did Uninstall/ReInstall of V9 on 2003 server. Works great there

I feel like my "sync" service isn't running although the sync mgbt screen says it's on. 

Background:  I was having sever difficulty upgrading a completely different type product that was previously running on this server B4 ACTv9 came into my life.  Since this other app is so critical I uninstalled ACT to see if that would fix the problem.  The pulling of ACT did not fix my problem so I took my critical app to another server and did a reinstall of ACTv9 and I was impressed to see it had all my data there just as pretty as I please.

So, I've only got a couple of remote users. 

So, in broad strokes, what will be required to get my remoters all in sync with home base?  ...just follow the instructions from a clean new client install?

I hate to be so needy but the FAQ section for my product was blank.  Maybe some kind soul will have a slick URL link they could slide me.  That would be great.  Thank you very much.

Scott

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Swil8224
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Did Uninstall/ReInstall of V9 on 2003 server. Works great there

You'll need to create Remote Databases for each user using the Synch Panel on the Tools Menu.  You may want to hire competent help with this step.  If so visit http://www.act.com/partners/acc/index.cfm.

Jim Fry, ACC

952-226-5498

jfry@ActSource.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Swil8224
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Did Uninstall/ReInstall of V9 on 2003 server. Works great there

You'll need to create Remote Databases for each user using the Synch Panel on the Tools Menu.  You may want to hire competent help with this step.  If so visit http://www.act.com/partners/acc/index.cfm.

Jim Fry, ACC

952-226-5498

jfry@ActSource.com