Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dialing from Mobile Site

Avid Listener

Dialing from Mobile Site

Running v17.2 on an iPhone with IOS 9.01 and IOS 8.x, using Safari. Also test on Chrome for iOS.

When we click on the call icon, it takes us to record history.

Is there a work around?

Unable to Dial from Details - ACT Mobile

same issue running an iPhone with IOS 9.3.5 using Safari.  ACT Version 18.2.53.  

The quick actions work - phone number can be dialed when I click -  but cannot dial any other number (like Home) from the Details section.   Screen goes immediately to History when I click on the number, no option to make the call.  Anyone have any ideas?  

Is there a way to add Call Home as a Quick Action?

Thanks, Joan

Administrator

Re: Dialing from Mobile Site

cblair wrote:

Running v17.2 on an iPhone with IOS 9.01 and IOS 8.x, using Safari. Also test on Chrome for iOS.

When we click on the call icon, it takes us to record history.

Is there a work around?

Hi cblair,

This is working as designed. The intended workflow for this feature is after tapping on the call icon or phone number, you are prompted to call the number. After the call has finished, you are already on the record history page which allows you to quickly record the phone call as a history entry with the call details in Act.

joanct wrote:

same issue running an iPhone with IOS 9.3.5 using Safari.  ACT Version 18.2.53.  

The quick actions work - phone number can be dialed when I click -  but cannot dial any other number (like Home) from the Details section.   Screen goes immediately to History when I click on the number, no option to make the call.  Anyone have any ideas?  

Is there a way to add Call Home as a Quick Action?

Thanks, Joan

Hi Joan,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have logged this as an issue, where phone numbers appearing under the More Details section do not prompt you to call the number when tapping on them, when using Safari on iOS. I'll post any updates to this issue when I receive them.

Administrator

Re: Dialing from Mobile Site

Gary W wrote:

Hi Joan,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have logged this as an issue, where phone numbers appearing under the More Details section do not prompt you to call the number when tapping on them, when using Safari on iOS. I'll post any updates to this issue when I receive them.

This has been logged as Defect D-05055