Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dialer change

Tuned Listener

Dialer change

Did anyone else notice something changing with the way the dialer works. I've done no updates to ACT, only a few Windows XP security patches.

The dialer used to work where you hit the dialer button it chose the number to dial. It then pops up two dialog boxes, the dialer window and a history window. You could complete the call, click the hang-up button and then fill out the history window about the call.

Something changed where the dialer still opens the dialer and history window, but  now you must close the history windows or ACT wont let you even  hang up the line.  Its pretty annoying to have to close the history window to hang up then, reopen it to fill it out.

Anyone have any ideas on what changed?

James Van Cleef

Zamar Media Solutions

james@zamarmedia.com

Bronze Contributor

Re: Dialer change

That woudl tell me that the dialler settings in Windows have changed as ACT! simply looks at the windows settings. I would make sure that modem updates are up to date on your system and then untick the preferences in ACT restart and then reconfigure.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.