Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dialer Problem

Tuned Listener

Dialer Problem

I'm not completely computer savy, so I'm really hoping I'm just over looking something small.

I'm having problems with my dialer in Act! 2009 Premium. I'm updated to the current most version. I'm using a Panasonic kx-t7630 phone, with a Telepacific t-1 line. I use a software called "Phone Assistant Pro" to manage my digital phone. I CAN called out using it, and I click-to-dial with my Outlook. The problem comes in while using the dialer out of Act!

There are 2 situations that I have:

When I dial to a number in my local area code. My area code is 925. When I call a number with a 925 area code, and put 1 infront of it, i get a busy signal. When i take the 1 out, it will call, but it will slightly change the number. It dials the correct area code, and then redials the last 2 numbers of the area code, and then the first 5 digits of the phone number. its hard to explain, so ill just show you below.

The number i want to call is (925) 890-8530

- When I dial 1-925-890-8530 I get a busy signal

- When I dial 890-8530 I get a busy signal.

- When I dial 925-890-8530, it rings. BUT it dials 925-258-9085. Notices how the last 5 digits are in a correct order just moved back 2 placed. (258-9085)

It does this same thing for all 925 area codes i dial, not just this one number. 

And when i try and call any area code outside the 925 area code, it just gives me a busy signal without ringing/calling the number. even when i KNOW the line isnt busy. 

Is this a problem i can fix through act? or is this something that can only be traced back to me Phone Assistance program? Or both?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-Ian

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Dialer Problem

ACT! operates through the Windows dialer so any dialing exceptions need to be configured in Windows. The test for you to make is to see if you can dial using the Windows dialer. If that does not work, the dialer in ACT! will not work.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Yeah, I found that out after hours of messing around.

It seems like all i need to do to get this to work is somewhere in "Phone and Modem Options" in windows.

I found, after i make my location, in the "area codes" options that if i put MY area code (925) and tell it to dial a 9 infront of all calls to a 925 area code, that the act dialer works! In the "Number to dial" box in the act! dialer, it reads "9 925 8908530" but on my phone it says (and dials) 925-890-8530. So for some reason my dialer is leaving out whatever the first digit is.

Outside of 925 area codes, no numbers are working. no matter what I do to the number.

Since it dials out of the microsoft dialer. how do i configure the windows dialer?

-Ian

Tuned Listener

hmmmm, More info:

So, when i dial out of my "Phone Assistant Pro" Program, it does the same exact thing as act does. If I dial 925-890-8530, it actually dials 258908530. So again its cutting out the first 9. if i dial 9-925-890-8530. it dials 925-890-8530.

BUT when i use Microsoft Outlook and use the Phone Assistant program through it. it dials fine. it dials exactly what I input.

so...what does that mean?

-Ian

Tuned Listener

anybody? I really need to figure this out.

oh, and the busy signal im getting from Act! when calling other area codes is called a "fast busy signal" or "Reorder Tone".

if that helps

-Ian

Tuned Listener

Why would Microsoft outlook work correctly while Act! and windows Dialer does not?

Can i make Act! not use windows dialer and instead just use mt "phone assistant" program? Cuase im pretty sure that is what Outlook is doing. Outlook isnt working through Windows Dialer, just my Phone assistan program.

How do i have Act! dialer work with "Phone Assistant".

god this is frustrating.

-Ian

You can't, ACT! works through the Windows dialer.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

maybe im not setting up windows dialer correctly? Though Im pretty sure i am?

is there anything i have to do to the server computer to make this work?

-Ian

Nothing on the server. It definitely sounds like the dialing rules are not set up correct in Windows.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Ok well, here are the settings in my windows dialer.

Name = "Walnut Creek Office"

Country/region = United States

Area Code = 925

Under Dialing rules I have left every box blank. To dial out i dont have to hit any numbers.

Dial using Tone.

and i have no area code rules

is this correct?

-Ian