Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DevComponents DotNetBar Component Not Registered

Nickel Contributor

DevComponents DotNetBar Component Not Registered

Using ACT!2008 PRM on Win XP for 3 years.  This morning I get "Component not registered" in a message box from DevComponents DotNetBar Component.  Have added no new software, including anything from DevCmponents. I called ACT! Tech Support and they said they have never heard of DevComponents and nothing is in the Knowledge Base.  I emailed DevComponents and they said there is a corruption in the ACT! installation.  Have not tried an uninstall/reinstall yet.

Anyone ever hear of this and any ideas on a resolution?

Dan Pisano
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Dapian Group, LLC
Copper Contributor

Re: DevComponents DotNetBar Component Not Registered

We got the same message today on our ACT 2008 Server (Windows 2003).  No one can log in as the component is not registered.  Found instructions to remove, but this assumes DevNotBar was installed separately:

http://www.devcomponents.com/kb/questions.php?questionid=15

Note: My search found the Devcomponents.DotNetBar.dll in the ACT for Windows folder! Couldn't remove with instructions above so I'm trying a repair install of ACT.

Copper Contributor

Re: DevComponents DotNetBar Component Not Registered

Found this in the Knowledge Base for an earlier version of ACT.  Not sure if it's related.

This error may result if certain assembly files have not been registered or if your install or update of ACT! is incomplete. You may be able to resolve this issue by registering these assembly files. If registering the assembly files does not resolve the issue, you will need to uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework and ACT!, remove left over files and folders, and then reinstall both.

Registering Assembly Files

1. Insert your ACT! installation CD. If the Installation splash screen appears, click Exit.
  2. Launch Windows Explorer or My Computer.
  3. Copy the problematic file(s) from the CD. These files can be located on the ACT! installation CD as follows:

ACT! 2006 for Windows -
    ...ACTSTD\program files\ACT\ACT for Winindows
    ACT! 2006 Premium for Workgroups - ...ACTWG\program files\ACT\ACT for Windows

ACT! 2005 for Windows - ...ACT7\program files\ACT\ACT for Win 7
    ACT! 2005 Premium for Workgroups - ...ACTWG\program files\ACT\ACT for Win 7

4. Paste this (these) file(s) into the ACT! installation directory, overwriting the existing one. The default location for the installation directory, is C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows . or C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Win 7
  5. Once the file has been copied into the installation directory, you must register the Assembly. Follow the steps below:
    1. Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
    2. Type cmd into the Open field, and then click OK. The Windows command prompt appears:
    3. Enter the following text (depending upon the file name(s) displayed in the error message):

ACT! 2006:

"C:\Program files\ACT\ACT for Windows\RegAsm.exe"
      "C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\DevComponents.DotNetBar.dll"
      ACT! 2005:
      "C:\Program files\ACT\ACT for Win 7\RegAsm.exe"
      "C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Win 7\DevComponents.DotNetBar.dll"

--or--

ACT! 2006:
      "C:\Program files\ACT\ACT for Windows\RegAsm.exe"
      "C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\ACT.UI.Picklist.dll"
      ACT! 2005:
      "C:\Program files\ACT\ACT for Win 7\RegAsm.exe"
      "C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Win 7\ACT.UI.Picklist.dll"
    4. Press Enter to complete the command. If the registration is successful, the text Types registered successfully appears at the bottom of the command prompt window.

If registering the problematic files fails to resolve this issue, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall the ACT software.