Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Desperate for help with SYNC

Desperate for help with SYNC

Would greatly appreciate any help to point me in the right direction to remedy ACT. I am using ACT Premium 2012 Ver. 14.1.108.0 with 6 licenses. Everything had worked great for years until the last 60 days. No one can SYNC there computers to our server as the effort times out due to the database thinking it is much larger than it is. We have approximately 10,600 record entries in the database and now the SYNC thanks it is nearly 1 million. I have cut several new .RDB and they work for about a week and then the same issue occurs. I have even made sure that any attachments are not part of the SYNC. Not sure what if anything changed but, we have no way currently to capture remote notes and keep the database up to date.  

Please let me know what additional information would help diagnose this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Copper Contributor

Re: Desperate for help with SYNC

What error message are you getting? Outofmemory exception?

Silver Contributor

Take a look at the messages when you try to sync.  Most likely there is an issue with the database that is easily resolved.

Assuming that to be true. here is an article that may help.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23526/~/error%3A-%22synchronization-has-fai...

Consider Calling an ACT Consultant before you recut sync databases or try reinstalling ACT. neither will help.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thank you for the reply. Still waiting to capture an error message have 2 computers trying to SYNC both for over 1 1/2 hours and still in the Database Modifications category. Will wait till it times out and capture that code.

Thanks for the quick response. I have 2 computers trying to SYNC now and both well over 1 1/2 hours and just now captured the error message - SYNCHRONIZATION HAS FAILED. SERVER ERROR DESCRIPTION: SYNCHRONIZATION TIMED OUT. CONTACT YOUR ADMINISTRATOR FOR ASSISTANCE. Again not sure what has changed as this had been working for years. Also when cutting the new remote databases after checking and repairing the main database the process worked fine for 3 days then the same problem. Also interested in working with a consultant if we can quickly remedy the situation.

Thank you,

Thanks for the quick response. I have 2 computers trying to SYNC now and both well over 1 1/2 hours and just now captured the error message - SYNCHRONIZATION HAS FAILED. SERVER ERROR DESCRIPTION: SYNCHRONIZATION TIMED OUT. CONTACT YOUR ADMINISTRATOR FOR ASSISTANCE. Again not sure what has changed as this had been working for years. Also when cutting the new remote databases after checking and repairing the main database the process worked fine for 3 days then the same problem.

Nickel Super Contributor

How to Increase Timeout Values for Synchronization  (CLICK HERE)

Is very important to back up the database on your server - and copy this ZIP file in external disk for more security.

File menu - Backup - Database - With Attachments