Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design Layout

Design Layout

In the Layout Designer window under Contact Tab how do you change the name of the Title Field.

For example: The layout im in has 3 Alt Phone fields. I would like to change the name of one of them to something else.

I all i can figure out is how to change the drop down field beside said field.

Please help

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: Design Layout

If I understand correctly, you are trying to change the name of a field.  You can goto Tool > Define Fields then look for the field you are trying to change.  This is where you can change the name of the field.  As far as I know you can't change the name of a field in the Layout Designer.

Hope that will help you.
-Eric

Thanks Eric for the response.

Yes i am trying to change the titles of the Dark Gray boxes but based on what you said you dont think this can be done, correct?

Untitled.png

Copper Contributor

Sorry I thought you were trying to change the actual name of the Field. 

I think what you are trying to change is just a text label. What if you open the Layour Designer select the box you are trying to change and then goto View > Properties Window?  There should be something where it says Text in the Properties Window where you can change the text displayed.

-Eric

Eric,

I did what you suggested and I can change the Title of the whole tab(i.e. Work/Additional Tab) and i can change the filed (blue boxes) but i can change Dark Gray boxes (i.e. Assistant)

Under the Preferences box i can find Assistatn but it is only to make changes to Field. There is nothing that will allow me to make changes to the Tab Assistant.

If you are not sure how to do this, no worries. i dont want to keep bothering you.

Thanks for you help so far.

Untitled.png

Copper Contributor

I know in a default installation you would be able to edit the text on the label.  It looks like maybe your layout has been customized by someone else?  If so it wouldn't hurt to ask them.   Sorry I couldn't help more.

You are correct. it was customized for Financial Advisors so that may be exactly why.

You were actually a ton of help.

Thanks again