Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Design Layout Problem - It just keeps getting bigger

Copper Contributor

Design Layout Problem - It just keeps getting bigger

Have just installed ACT 2008 Premium. Started to set up new contact Layout and noticed that everytime I save and then open a Layout, the fields all grow in size. IF I then simply go in and open the Layout Design and save it, without altering anything, the fields still grow in size. If you keep repeating this, opening and closing the design layout area, the fields get so large that olny one or two will be displayed on the screen. I have meant that I need to get my Layout design sorted on the first save, otherwise all the field sizes will grow and keep growing everytime I save the custom design. I think I have the latest version of ACT 2008 Prem and the Update part doesn't say that there are any updates. Does anyone know how to fix this bug, is it unique ? Should I go back to an earlier version of ACT ?
Tuned Listener

Re: Design Layout Problem - It just keeps getting bigger

Matt,

You have your fonts set to high, click on the link below to find out how to fix it

http://tinyurl.com/5wxpek
Copper Contributor

Changing back to the normal DPI did the trick. Thanks for that. Was going to bugger around with it for another hour and then revert back to the older version. Saved me a couple of hours work. You legend ! !
Platinum Elite Contributor

matt wrote:
Changing back to the normal DPI did the trick. Thanks for that. Was going to bugger around with it for another hour and then revert back to the older version. Saved me a couple of hours work. You legend ! !

Always good to have a check of the knowledge base when you have an error or odd problem... most thing are answered there although it can be a bit tricky to search sometimes.

Here's another case of pushing the customer to do what you want rather than providing a quality product. Ouch - did I say that out loud? I can understand the DPI font setting problem creating a bug that needs fixed. No problem. I'm easy-going. However, having the solution be "set your DPI setting back to 'standard'" is not a proper response. My partner's laptop is a 12.1" screen with high resolution. It needs a bump in the DPI font setting. But this ACT bug is forcing her to set it to "too small" simply because the program does not operate correctly.

I am disappointed that a program which costs over $250/license has so many deficiencies which are not recognized properly as bugs. I would **LOVE** to hear from someone who might acknowledge this as a bug and let me know it is in the process of being fixed. Any chance of that? Please? :-)

Thanks,

bob

Copper Contributor

What font are you using???

It's not about "which font" ... this is the windows "font dpi" setting for on-screen fonts. It effectively makes all fonts on-screen larger and more readable. There is no selection of the font-type.

bob