Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Description: Interface Not Support | Exception: Redemption.RDOSession

Description: Interface Not Support | Exception: Redemption.RDOSession

[ Edited ]

OS - Windows 8 Pro

ACT! Premium 2013 Web (Version 15.1.108.0)

Outlook 2013 (32 bit)

Having issue syncing ACT! with Outlook for Calendar and Contacts.

First all of the sync settings in ACT! are greyed out and unavailable.

I had to initiate the connection from Outlook and the Add-Ins link. Then choose to Sync the Cal and Contacts. I choose the Database I want to use at the top as well. Then Checked enable Sync in both the Cal and Contacts tab.

Then I get error syncing redmption.rdosession. 

http://sage.lithium.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Act-will-not-merge-and-send-contacts-and-email-template-Getting/... - This article did not work.

Not sure what else to try here. Thanks.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Description: Interface Not Support | Exception: Redemption.RDOSession

Phil, first of all, I would not recommend using the Outlook sync, especially for contacts.  Outlook is your email client -- ACT! is your contact management tool.  There are too many times when you have a "contact" in Outlook called "bob@yahoo.com.  However, in ACT! you have a contact called Robert K. Williams, with the same email but with a phone number and a company.  ACT! won't see this as a match, so it will duplicate the contact.

If you wanted to use Outlook to sync your contacts to a phone, there are a better choices for you.  You may have to delete your preferences in ACT! and see if you can enable the regular Outlook integration for email.  Hope this helps, Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

[ Edited ]

Hello, thank you very much for the suggestions. I only create contacts in ACT! And only create calendar events in Outlook so syncing shouldn't ever be an issue. I would like to add the options are no longer greyed out but I still get the error. I will look for a KB in regard to clearing preferences and see if that works.

[ Edited ]

I think the issue has to do with this KB:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33125/kw/office%202013

I believe I installed 2013, and then upgraded to the SP1. This article says I need the install with SP1 already integrated. So where can I get the prepackaged install? Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Phil,

Please see your Private Notes for a download link.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Description: Interface Not Supported | Exception: Redemption.RDOSession

Unfortunately after a full uninstall and re-install of the downloaded version of ACT! with SP1 pre-installed, I still get the same error as listed in the OP when trying to sync with Outlook 2013 in the Outlook sync history.

Interface Not Supported | Exception: Redemption.RDOSession

Good morning,  Greg, 

We've currently updated our programs and are using Office 2013 applications. I believe Outlook/ACT syncing is not working because I installed the SP 1 update on the machine after I installed Outlook 2013. I'm now left wondering how I can uninstall and reinstall Act 2013 (Premium) with SP 1 packaged, to see if this will work.

Could you also send me the download link so that I can re-install? I have our activation/rego codes, so it sounds like this is do-able. 

Regards, 

Liz T

Platinum Super Contributor

Phil and Liz,

The Redemption error is commonly due to Office 2013 being installed as the 'Click-to-Run' (CTR) version.  Sage ACT! will not integrate with the CTR version.  Use the instructions in the following article to determine if you have the CTR version of Office installed: KB Article 33125.

Liz, see your Private Notes.  If you need to reinstall: uninstall existing Sage ACT! program, then use the download to install.

Greg Martin
Sage