Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting contacts leaves blank records

Deleting contacts leaves blank records

Act! Version 22.0.205.0, Update 4, windows 10, cloud database with individual remotes (3).  We are occasionally seeing just a blank screen on startup default contacts listing screen.  It seems that deleting contacts causes the record to be left behind, blank.  We have to continuously delete contacts because many of them are magically getting duplicated or triplicated.  (Could be a sync with iPhone or iPad issue, not sure).  Have to select hundreds of blank records and delete them.  This brings the contact list screen back to normal, with actual data showing instead of a white screen.  Just an annoyance, but I'm trying to narrow down the list of annoyances.  Any ideas on this one?

Re: Deleting contacts leaves blank records

UPDATE - Deleting the blank contacts wouldn't sync, eventually they come back.  We discovered that all 3 of us users have blank contacts in Outlook, that are syncing to ACT.   At least that's my theory on this issue.  We're now deleting all the blanks in both programs, then syncing to the cloud, hopefully this will clear them out for good.  But I do suspect that deleting a contact in ACT leaves behind an empty record instead of deleting the record.  FYI we all had 10000+blank contacts.  We have all been deleting many old contacts, probably could have added up to that over time.