Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting all contacts

Deleting all contacts

I am new to act online. When I started I imported a few hundred records and I want to delete all of them now so I can start with a "fresh" version with no contacts. How do I do that. Please provide step-by-step what to do. Thanks!

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Deleting all contacts

Probably the easiest was is to create an empty copy of the db.  

Import the contacts again and make sure they look the way you expect.

Run it for a week or so and if you are satisfied, then open the old db and delete it using the tools drop down menu.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 23 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Microsoft 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor

Thanks John. Could you please list the exact steps to delete the database such as menu choices step by step. I'm new to Act! Expert Online so the exact steps would be helpful. Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate you.

Bronze Super Contributor

The below is taken from Ver 22 and should be close to what is in Ver 2000.

To create a new database:

• File
  • Save a copy as
  • Create an empty copy of the database
  • Follow the prompts.  One thing to note, the database name will have to be different.

To Delete the old database

• Tools
  • Database Maintenance
  • Delete database and follow the prompts

I haven't used Act 2000 for 20 years, so I don't know what exactly you will see in the dropdowns.  I was not willing to install Act 2000.

Hope this helps though.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 23 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Microsoft 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can delete all contact in the web version of ACT - its just not easy to find!

Create the lookup, if its all records try something like lookup - Record Manager - contains data.

This will give you all records in the list view. Now highlight just one entry and go to Contacts - Delete Contact

(When you highlight don't click on the contact or company or it will just jump to that record.)

You now get the option to delete just the highlighted contacts or the complete lookup, 

If you select Delete lookup you will get the are you sure question with a record count of how many will be deleted.

Click on YES and all contacts will be deleted from the database apart from users.

Highlighted

How to Delete For this my phone for old Contact..??

Welcome to the Famous Daves Feedback survey guide! The article that you will find below will serve as an accurate and complete guide to everything that you could require to know involving taking the Famous Daves customer satisfaction survey.

https://takesurveynow.club/famous-daves-feedback-survey/

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread.

My Vanilla Card