Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting Users

Deleting Users

Have this version of ACT! Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1.  I am new to ACT! but am fairly familiar with database CRMs.  We want to delete old users and transfer their records to current employees but also keep the old record manager's name on entries such as History and Notes, etc.  I have seen something I can buy to do this but is there means to accomplish this with built in functions?

TT

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Deleting Users

No.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello TT,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. When you delete a user and choose the option to transfer their records to another user, this will change the record manager for all of their records - everything. However, the deleted user will still show as the Record Creator.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

and all the History, Notes, Opportunities, etc. entered by the deleted user will still show them as the Record Creator?  We want to continue to see who did things even though they are no longer employed here.

Yes - the Record Creator field is a system field and cannot be edited. The Record Manager field is the one that will be changed in the record transfer when the user is deleted.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.