Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleted fields keep re-appearing!

Copper Super Contributor

Deleted fields keep re-appearing!

We run a server database with several remote databases I keep removing a certain field on the server - it deletes fine - it is not included in any dynamic groups No-one can make any changes to the remote databases (obviously) Yet every day this field keeps re-appearing! Does anyone know under what conditions this would happen (It is not being restored from a back up every night in case anyone asks!) Thanks in advance Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Deleted fields keep re-appearing!

It is just possible this is a system field. What is the field name and did you rename a field?

Copper Super Contributor

No - these are custom fields, created brand new and not renaming an old field Any other ideas? Thanks Andy
Andy Kent
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Bronze Elite Contributor

Just for clarity - when you say delete do you mean deleate field from database (Tools - Define Fields - Delete Field) or delete from a Layout? I have never seen a deleted field reappear but have seen deleted items on a layout reapear after sync.

Copper Super Contributor

not from the layout no - this is from the master database, using the tools > define fields as you say We put a "watch" on changes to the master database and we have noticed that it reappears after a remote user synchs So it looks like even though you choose to centrally delete a field that it can reappear after a remote synch if that remote still has that field in place? I am imagining once all remotes have synched, and we keep removing the field that at some point it will stop re-appearing I'd be interested in any official line on this from Act so we all know? Thanks Andy
Andy Kent
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

I've had the same thing happen.  I've deleted a field in the layout and from define fields but when I look at ACT from my co-worker's computer the old information is still being shown