Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleted History Records, ACTDIAG ADF size did not reduce. Fields securities require extra attention

JM
Nickel Contributor

Deleted History Records, ACTDIAG ADF size did not reduce. Fields securities require extra attention

[ Edited ]

I've repeated this message message making sure David L. at Sage includes my findings about deleted History Records in Contact records even after ACTDIAG did not shrink the ADF database (DB) file size.  I bit the bullet following ID 14010 to rebuild my new DB shrinking it from 759MB to 459MB than recreated the remote DB's rather than wait on a fix from Sage.

Removing History record type "field changed" on my Primary DB was reduced when I run ACT's remove old data, histories older than 0 day (history record count is 257,533) it took about 2 min than asked to re-index after which the ADF file size dropped to 451MB.

DB ADF did not shrink after I used Purge History by www.exponenciel.com to find in Contact Table DB history type "field changed" and remove the 257439 records. ACTDIAG did very little reduction. I've also noticed in past import/exporting of fields data the DB size grew when I import (overright) field data from CSV file into contact records fields like phone, address, ect (I use MergeAdmin by ASDS for field level import) DB should not have grown.

Following ID 14010 did help preserve the Contact records- History Records "Record Manager name" and the Contact record's "Record Manager name" (I learned something from this ID). I still had to recreate my custom Teams (Tools, Manage Teams).

I think for a DB with fields having security levels ID 14010 needs some extra info.  It should show after you export the user contacts into new Saved As empty copy DB and adding them to Manage Users to make sure you removed the Temp User manager and do a rebuild DB before trying to export from source DB all records into new DB.  If I had known this I would not have gone through all my Contact Fields security setting changing Administrators Team from Read Only to Full Access, so I could export from source DB to destination new DB all the records. After all importing I noticed in Manager Users when I deleted the Temp User Manager my original Manager User who's security level was Full Access showed up as it should have with Full Access - Based On User Permission not Team Permission.

JM

Message Edited by JM on 03-24-2009 09:32 AM

Re: Deleted History Records, ACTDIAG ADF size did not reduce. Fields securities require extra attens

Thank you, I will look into your reported issues further and follow up if I have any questions or workarounds.
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Deleted History Records, ACTDIAG ADF size did not reduce. Fields securities require extra attens

[ Edited ]

Thank you for checking into it. Using the forum Post correctly? I will not select the green "check solution" until I hear back.

It may help if Answer ID 14010 had this added for multi-user databases.

Insert ID# 22050 at bottom with other the bullets (view by others) and or in the section "General Guidelines:" and section "Important Note for Single-User licensed copies of ACT! for Windows and ACT! Premium".

JM

Message Edited by JM on 03-24-2009 09:40 AM