Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleted Divisions Tab in 2011

Copper Super Contributor

Deleted Divisions Tab in 2011

I have a client who has deleted the Divisions Tab in their v2011 Premium.

After trawling through all the usual resources I have come to the conclusion that there is no easy way to put the Hierarchy display back into their Company layout. (you cannot even copy it from another layout).

The tab is using a system object but it is not a system tab so you cannot hide it but... you can delete it. Go figure.

Aside from recreating their layout from scratch using the default 1024x768 template, can anyone shed any light onto this

phenomenon and the best way to approach the repair?
Brett Merriman
ACT! Certified Consultant
Action CRM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Deleted Divisions Tab in 2011

If they're backing up their database regularly, layouts are usually included in the backup.  'Restore As' a recent database to a different name from their production database, copy the layout from the restored backup, then delete the restored backup.  If they're not backing up their database regularly, then they should reflect on what would happen if it wasn't just their layout, but their entire database that they couldn't recover.

Signature
Platinum Elite Contributor

Brett,

If you do not want to have to restore a backup to get the needed layout file, you can extract the .zip files (using Winzip, Winrar or other extraction utility), then in the extracted files, open the "Drive" folder, drill down to the database files, and copy the layout file.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for your responses guys.

After digging deeper I discovered it was my fault. When I originally set their system up I used a master layout from my collection that had the tab already removed. Not such a great looking layout after all. Smiley Surprised

I have naturally rebuilt the required layout now from another master but the question still goes begging...

Is it possible to find said Divisions field or is it something overlooked in the grand scheme of design?

Brett Merriman
ACT! Certified Consultant
Action CRM