Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleted Contact

Deleted Contact

Hello, we are using ACT 2010 and have had a user delete a contact in act. what i need to know is who deleted the contact. is there any way that this can be done without looking at each users history? the seccond question i have then is how can i add that contact back without grabbing it off of a back-up?

thanks

S

Bronze Contributor

Re: Deleted Contact

You  have answered both questions to my knowledge the only place this is recorded is in the history of the user who deleted the record and one it is deleted the only way to get it back is from a backup.

HTH

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Super Contributor

Note: You can restore a backup using the 'Restore As' option so that it will not overwrite the existing database. (File > Restore > Database > Restore As)
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I have had to restore a contact from a backup for a user before.

In addition to Greg's suggestion that you do a Restore As, I'd like to point out that once you've exported the contact to your live database, you might need to manually relink to the contact to any opportunities, groups, etc. that they belonged to, as those links were not preserved when I did this.

it was all very helpful. what i did was a restore of the database and saved it as a new database and then went into it and exported the contacts that i wanted to the current database. that way i did not lose the new data and was able to keep the data needed.