Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Defining Record Manager at Import

Defining Record Manager at Import

I am running ACT! 2008 Premium on XP SP2 and I am trying to mass upload companies from a tab-delimited file.  ACT! is not letting me define the record manager at the outset, instead it lists them all as Administrator.  Is there a way to define the record manager during the import?

Considering that I just figured this out, there are now about 2,000 newly imported companies that need to be changed.  Any thoughts on the best way to go about this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Defining Record Manager at Import

bmeadowcroft wrote:

I am running ACT! 2008 Premium on XP SP2 and I am trying to mass upload companies from a tab-delimited file.  ACT! is not letting me define the record manager at the outset, instead it lists them all as Administrator.  Is there a way to define the record manager during the import?

ACT! will create the Record Manager as the user who does the import. I use itImport, which allws you to set the RM field based on another field in the import. There is a trial available from that link

Considering that I just figured this out, there are now about 2,000 newly imported companies that need to be changed.  Any thoughts on the best way to go about this?

Lookup the records for each user, then use Edit | Replace to change the Record Manager field for that Lookup

Re: Defining Record Manager at Import

Thanks for the information.  I appreciate it.