Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Define Sync Set Not Working (Web Premium)

Copper Contributor

Define Sync Set Not Working (Web Premium)

I have setup Outlook synchronization successfully in Act v18 Premium Web but now when I try to click the "Define Sync Set..." button, it doesn't do anything.  I can uncheck the box, sync the existing sync set but cannot make any modifications to the sync set.  I currently have it set to 1-way sync between Act and Outlook.

Any ideas/suggestions?  Using IE11 on Windows 10.

Thanks

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Define Sync Set Not Working (Web Premium)

I suggest try with Google Chrome.

The Internet Explorer version on Windows 10 is 11.0.9841  and  Act! Pr​emium v1​8 System Requirements Says  

Supported Browsers 

• Internet Explorer® 11.0.1
  • Chrome™ Browser

Additionally do not forget to periodically backup your database - and keep in a safe place the administrator password.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Contributor

I'm using v11.103.10586.0 of IE 11. The recommendation to use Chrome isn't a good one because I'm finding that certain bugs work okay in one browser, but then the other browser presents its own set of problems. For example, Chrome doesn't allow you to change the font type/size when recording new history, it somehow keeps trying to default to size 7. This issue doesn't present itself in IE11 but then IE11 has other problems that don't exist in Chrome. It's quite frustrating.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Just a shot in the dark - Try running ACT as a windows administrator. Right click on the ACT Icon and select run as administrator. Now try defining the sync set again. Also see if they set it for 2 way sync does it then allow you to define the sync set?

Administrator

Hi guys,

This is a actually a known issue. Defect D-04115.
This is likely to be fixed in the next service pack for v18.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Gary

Did not know this one was still open.

Thanks for update.