Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Default template folder in 2011

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Default template folder in 2011

[ Edited ]

I recall that in ACT!2010 you could set a default template folder in preferences so all users in a Workgroup could access it.

In 2011 this doesn't appear to be the case.

Templates aren't being synchronised between the master and remote databases.

Have I overlooked something?

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Default template folder in 2011

Stephen,

I am presuming that you are referring to Word or ACT! own word processor templates are not synching, not ACT! layouts.

Four points about synchronising supplemental files:

1. If in creating the remote database, the supplemental files check box has not been checked, then supplemental files which includes content of Templates, won't sync.

2. ACT! will not sync sub-folders that you may create under Templates, it only syncs those files in the default folder.

3. If you make changes to a template in the Templates folder with ACT! closed, or copy/paste a new template into the supplemental folder directly with ACT! closed, then ACT! has no knowledge of the template folder change and will not include those changes in the next sync load. ACT!, when open, monitors the folder for changes.

4. If any files are read only, they will not sync.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

All the templates are always stored in the Templates folder underneath the database folder. No need to set it

If they are not being synchronised, that's a different issue... are you synchronising all supplemental files?
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephenb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Stephen,

I am presuming that you are referring to Word or ACT! own word processor templates are not synching, not ACT! layouts.

Four points about synchronising supplemental files:

1. If in creating the remote database, the supplemental files check box has not been checked, then supplemental files which includes content of Templates, won't sync.

2. ACT! will not sync sub-folders that you may create under Templates, it only syncs those files in the default folder.

3. If you make changes to a template in the Templates folder with ACT! closed, or copy/paste a new template into the supplemental folder directly with ACT! closed, then ACT! has no knowledge of the template folder change and will not include those changes in the next sync load. ACT!, when open, monitors the folder for changes.

4. If any files are read only, they will not sync.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks this too answers my question as does the message above described as the solution.

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com