Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Default Lookup options

Default Lookup options

Hi ACT! Users.   I am using ACT! 2009 Premium and have 2 questions that remain unanswered even after going throught the knowledgebase and 2 ACT! Manuels.  Hopefully you guys can help me.

1) Is it possible to change the default lookup operator? It's now set at ''Starts with'' and I think it would be cleverer to have it set at ''Contains''.

2) When I do a Lookup and there are more than one result, I land on the ''Contact List'' view.  Is it possible to change this default setting to land the the ''Contact'' view of the first contact of the list?

Thanks for your time,

Simon

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Default Lookup options

Simon P wrote:

Hi ACT! Users.   I am using ACT! 2009 Premium 

1) Is it possible to change the default lookup operator? It's now set at ''Starts with'' and I think it would be cleverer to have it set at ''Contains''.

Upgrade to ACT! 2009, version 11. The menu lookups and the right click lookups from a field now provides a choice of operators.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

2) When I do a Lookup and there are more than one result, I land on the ''Contact List'' view.  Is it possible to change this default setting to land the the ''Contact'' view of the first contact of the list?

I also need to know if it's at all possible to have the result of the lookups to go to the Contact view and NOT the Contact List like it used to be in Act6.

Thank you

I have ACT! 2009, version 11. When I right click on the "contact" field, I see where I can then select "lookup contact." However, my question is the same as previously stated, when the 'Lookup Contacts" box opens, is there a way that it will default to "contains" instead of "starts with"?
Platinum Elite Contributor

None that I know of.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129