Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Default Dashboard Query

Astute Commentator

Default Dashboard Query

Hi there, 

I have been tasked by my employer to monitor the usage of ACT! by our Sales reps (ie: lots are slacking off and not using ACT! to record info) 

I found the easiest was to get that overall view is through the 'DEFAULT DASHBOARD"

I am unsure if this is an ACT! default or setup by my predesssors at the company, I am hoping for the former. 

SO HERE IS MY PROBLEM -  Ideally I would like to click on a particular activity on the graph for a particular sales rep - and "see" the corresponding activities to ensure it is being used legitimately... (not jut to bump up their activity on the dashboard to escape a "talking to") Is there a way to do this? I would have thought you should be able to click on the graph and it would take you to the corresponding data - but it seems not. Is there another way?

I am hoping someone here know what i am talking about and can help. 

thank you

- Felicity Hernandez

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Default Dashboard Query

Felicity.

On the ACT! Default Dashboard some do, some don't. The Activities by User you can filter and drill down to expose the data (see images) but the Contact History Count you cannot. You could use the History List introduced in ACT! v 16.0 to display detailed history, beyond that there are dashboard controls that can be added to the Act! dashboard that enables you to do more.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Astute Commentator

Ok thanks for that reply, GLEO

You answer is useful in one way, and in another raises more questions.

So my dashboard - "Activities" by user isn't working - either that or I am unclear what it is meant to be recording/reporting... can you please advise me?

- Felicity

Bronze Elite Contributor

The first thing to do would be to close your production database and open the Actdemo database to check if you can see it working on the same data-set that I have displayed in the images in my last post.

So go  File | Close in Act! then from the same menu choose Open (or Ctrl + O on your keyboard). The logon to the demo database will be User = Chris Huffman and there is no password set. See if you can choose the same data I have displayed and drill down on the data. One click on the graph image will drill down to the task list to display the detail of the activities making up the quantity as portrayed in the graph.   

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog