Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deactivate a User

Tuned Listener

Deactivate a User

We have ACT Premium 2011.  We have an employee who has a a database installed on her computer at home -- we are the owner of the serial number.  Is there a way to deactivate her access.  We have a seperate ACT database installed on home base.  But it is my understanding that her database is installed on her as admin.  We do not have the activation code or reg code when she installed it, would that make a diffrence

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Deactivate a User

If they sync their database with yours you can deactivate on your server and this will deactivate them after sync.

Tuned Listener

There is no other way? 

Bronze Elite Contributor

Do you have access to the computer? Is it just the user you want to deactivate or do you want to remove the database from the PC.

Tuned Listener

No we don't have access to the computer we do have the database on our end but need to remove or elimanate her access.

Bronze Elite Contributor

OK - Think I get this now. There is a central database which she access via her computer?

If so all you need to do is access your database as an administrator - go to tools, manage users, highlight her and edit user information. Select specify access where you can remove access rights.

Tuned Listener

I'm sorry I was misleading.  No we just have a copy of her database installed.  She accesses directly from home computer.

Bronze Elite Contributor

There is no magic bullet that is going to help you here. If you do not have access to a non-shared database on her PC then the ball is in her court.

It is so important to have ownership of intellectual property rights when employees have database on their computers in your employees employment conditions and their return on demand clearly stated. It is a item of worth just the same as if an employees has a company laptop or car. Depending on the government statute you can also demand data back under data protection laws.

Copper Elite Contributor

You will need to gain physical access to the computer to remove the database and the software.

Or, you are going to just have to trust that this individual is honest, and will get rid of it themselves.

If you had Sync setup, or VPN access, then you could force the disconnect.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic