04-09-2018 10:16 AM
We have a customer database which contains multiple date fields to record training renewal dates for courses and accreditations.
The database is updating those fields on its own when users access the database !
I have set History on all these fields and can see that they all update at exactly the same time.
There are NO calculations running, there are NO Smart Tasks running. I have run Maintenance and R-Indexing etc
Tech Support say they have no record of this happening elsewhere.
Any suggestions/ideas please ?
04-10-2018 03:10 AM
04-10-2018 03:19 AM
The fields are simply date fields at Contact level.
No data is being entered when it occurs ! It happens when the user is updating other fields - randomly, or when they log on.
There are no third party addons. There are NO smart tasks.
All the fields were created new when this database was developed a few months ago.
The client has other databases and the problem does NOT exist on them.
I have now created another Act! user to see if that affects the situation.
04-10-2018 03:50 AM
04-10-2018 07:46 AM
Multiple date fields are affected - - there are around 40 of them in total.
I used actdiag to determine if there are any smart Tasks.
04-11-2018 01:30 AM
04-11-2018 01:48 AM
When the date fields update I believe they show todays date.
The database was created from an empty copy of another database, then modified with the new date fields.
04-11-2018 02:38 AM
That is an option that I will consider.
My first step has been to create a new User login to see if this is somehow causing the issue, I need to go through a process of elimination.
04-17-2018 06:04 AM
An update on this:
1. Creating a new Act! users did NOT solve the problem.
2. I have had to create 40 new date fields and copied data over for each from the existing fields - currently monitoring behaviour.