Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DateTime parsing and aggressive memory usage

DateTime parsing and aggressive memory usage

Hello all,

I have 2 issues recurring on our ACT 2010 Premium for Web edition. Hopefully anyone can shed some light on this?

The error logs are showing error 1:

1. Time zone (GMT+12:00) Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky - Old could not be parsed. Unrecognized format.

Looking at the database, there is indeed reference to this location. But in all the right columns - I've seen a previous post      regarding this without answer so it doesn't seem to be a unique problem?

This error shows very frequently up to 25 times per minute throughout the entire day so it is concerning.

2. The logoffError log shows: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Act.Web.logoff.ActFrameworkLogoff()

This may or may not go in hand with the fact ACT! hardly ever releases memory after users have logged off from the website. But regardless I would like to get rid of this. I've seen plenty of articles regarding "Object reference" errors but nothing in relation to logging off.

Any hints?

Thank you,

A

Re: DateTime parsing and aggressive memory usage

As you're using the database, what behavior are you experiencing that has prompted you to look into the error logs? Is the database actually logging users out, or is it that the server just seems to be sluggish in operation?

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: DateTime parsing and aggressive memory usage

Are ACT for WEB users on a compatable version of IE for ACT 2010?