Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Date format in Reports?

Copper Contributor

Date format in Reports?

I've generated a weekly report from ACT using Notes/History Report templete.

Report came out fine, except the date format was as an example 23/06/09--instead of 06/23/09 ?  I checked the help section of ACT, and can't seem to find any info regarding set up of the date format.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Date format in Reports?

Right click on the date field in the report editor and choose properties and the format tab and select the date format desired.

That method works when you are working with the actual date field. However, one of the reasons I discourage modifying an existing standard template is because they often use a custom field for simple formatting and that would require changing the format expression for the custom field. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for that Roy it solve a problem that was annoying me a lot

Would you also know if its possible to alter which database entry a field is linked to i want to change one from Address to Home Address with out having to create the new fields from scratch

Thanks

Jason

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Platinum Elite Contributor

Sorry, no. That is the main feature of the layout editor that I wish the report editor. Actually now that I think about it, there is a way to make the change but it involves directly editing the report XML code, far from an easy task. I bypassed it in the label and envelope package that I sell by making it possible to mark a field for the contact that specifies the preferred mailing address, office or home, and when the label or envelope is run it prints the desired address.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129