Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Date field question

Date field question

My company recently upgraded from ACT 2000 to ACT 2012, and I'm getting a lot of complaints about date fields. In the older version of act the mini calendar that dropped down had buttons to move between months and ones between years. The button to jump to the same month next year was two arrows and came right after the one arrow button for months.

My question is, is there anyway to get this button back? we do a lot of scheduling for one or more years out and it would be great if we didn't have to go through every month in a year to get there.

calendar.JPG

Thank you!

-Mead McCarthy

Tokay Software

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Date field question

Hello Mead,

Unfortunately, it looks like that feature is not in the current versions. A couple of options:

If in that calendar, you right-click on the Month/Year - you will get a 6-month list. May need to right-click a couple of times to get to he month/year you want.

Also, if you do the scheduling from the calendar view, both the mini-calendar (press F4 to bring it up) and the small calendar in the upper right have year jump buttons. You would jump to the year/month/day you want on the calendar then schedule the appointment by double-clicking on the day/time you want to schedule it for. If you have already pulled up the contact's record, they will auto-populate the Schedule With field.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Date field question

Hi Mead,

I recently ran into this issue as well.

Further to Grieg's suggestion below, when you right-click the month/year at the top of the calendar, do not release it and drag your mouse down.  You will see the list will begin to scroll through future months/years.  To view previous months/year, do the same thing but drag your mouse up.

Hope this helps!

Angie