Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database sync - stuck on Checking for errors

Database sync - stuck on Checking for errors

Hello,

The sync status is stuck on "Checking for Errors"  - see attached screenshot. What should i do??

Silver Contributor

Re: Database sync - stuck on Checking for errors

You can cancel the sync - it wont damage anything. Reboot the machine and try again. (Note if the last sync date  message has updated.)

If you keep getting this error it may need a database rebuild via ACTDIAG but try restarting the PC first.

Copper Super Contributor

I am having this same problem.  Have done a rebuild and it is still hanging.

What next?

Thanks.

Leanne

Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Tuned Listener

Hi, 

Any update on this issue??

I tried rebuilding the database still the issue persists also I have created a new remote database as well but no progress.

all other users who are in the same location did not have an issue.

This is really painful and client user is getting ferreted i need to know what exactly is going wrong for your info i even uninstalled and re-installed ACT.

ACT version 

Act Premium v19.2 

Server 

Act Premium for Web  v19.2 

Thanks, 

Aasif

Silver Contributor

Have you tried logging into their database as an ACT administrator to see if sync will complete? Depending on how it was created you may get a message about not an intended user but ignore and try syncing.

Ihave the same problem its an absolute nightmare.  None of us can sync at the moment.  

Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

This can be caused by a number of situations -

Slightly different ACT versions trying to sync. Check server and remotes under Help about ACT, are they the same?

Schema update on server (New field etc.) where unless the remote users is an ACT administrator it cannot update the remote schema changes. (Some versions of ACT only.) Mount remote as an ACT administrator.

Corruption. Run Repair and re-index on server and remotes under tools, database maintenance,

Sync app problem. Stop the ACT service sync on the server and then on the server enable receive syncs in ACT under Tools, synchronise Database, Accept incoming syncs.

More drastic - Run ACTDIAG on the server and run Repair schema option. Must backup first.

- Run ACTDIAG on the server and detach database and then re-attach database.

Last option - cut and deploy new remote databases. Test with I first.

Thanks for this.  We have had this problem since upgrading end users to version 21 and its basically gone badly wrong.  we have a third party company that supports this, and they have another company that is ACT partner.  we are now in to week 6 and no resolution to it.  last week was even worse as all the addresses for our 7000 contacts have vanished

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

You need to take urgent action. Assuming you have been backing up on a 5 day cycle you need to get a backup before the loss of data and do a restore as with a different name on the server and then create new remotes as the longer you leave it the more loss of data since the last syncs.

I would suggest getting an ACC to help you directly or if covered by Swiftpage support ask them to help you.