Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database not opening Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

Database not opening Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

Hi There, 

I have formatted mty computer and reinstalled Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 which is same version I had before on my computer. I copied the database files .ADF, .AFL and .pad before formatting and also made a backup of database as zip file.

Now after installing ACT again, I am not able to open any of the files. 

When I try to open .pad file, it does not work. Then I tried opening other .ADF and .ALF files, still not working.

Then I tried to restore the database 'Using Restore As' function, but it shows me an error. The error is too techincal for me to understand. It has got coding all over and I can not understand anything.

I need some help to work my way. Can someone please tell how I can open these files or how I can restore the database from backup.

Regards.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Database not opening Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

What is the error?

Also, I few issues you might have:
1. You usually can't just copy the ADF/ALF files (you don't need the PAD) - SQL keeps them open and they won't usually copy correctly
2. How about the supplemental files folder, which includes all the layouts and other files?

You could try deleting the PAD file and just opening the ADF

Were you doing backups?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried deleting the .pad file, and directly opening the .ADF and .ALF files but it does not work.

While restoring, I get following error. Please click below on link to see the error.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_7wanxt4Q0KRDVrS2tsV0N6OXM/edit

When I copied those files, I copied those directly.

Can this database be restored or do I have to make a new one from scratch. This will spoil my years of work of ACT Database.

Thanks. Please help if you can.

Regards.

Bronze Elite Contributor

If you used the ACT BACKUP to make your backup the best way to move to a new computer / rebuilt computer is to use File, Restore Database, Restore As. The database has a number of associated files and just copying the ADF and ADT will not work.

Copper Elite Contributor

Do you have a backup of the database?  If so, your simplest fix is to restore it.

If no backup is there, then you are in database repair land.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic