Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Database not accessible error

Re: Database not accessible error

Hi,

I have the same problem and don't have access to the beta zone. Why would you lock solutions up?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello buff04,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I'm sorry you could not access the solution, but the Beta boards are closed after the product is released. The solution posted was found in this public Knowledgebase article, but only applies if you are getting the specific error message referenced in the article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2814...

If this is not the error you are seeing, then please post the error message plus the following additional information:
- Version of ACT!
- Your computer's operating system

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I tried setting SQL to automatic 

I am able to open some data bases but not others.  (about half)  

Not solved
Administrator

Hi mrmiehle,
Please can you confirm more details about your issue, including Act version, specific error message, etc.
The links in this thread will no longer work, but the articles mentioned can still be found in our Knowledgebase found here - http://kb.act.com

Thanks for your interest in helping

Act! Premium Version 17.0.151.0, Hot Fix 1

error message if trying to open some databases:

ERROR ACCESSIG DATABASE  The database X could not be accessed. In  order to access his database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on you computer or the server.  

The databases are not remote but on the same CPU as other ACT databases (that open) reside.

If I try to restore from a backup I get a "Generic Error" message

I have gone to services.msc to reset the SQL and reset the pasword.

Same result some (the same some) won't open. 

Silver Contributor

Hi - Try thi

Find the .pad file for a database that will not open, (Where the database is located)  and rename to .old

Now in ACT go File, Open, Database and select the option - The Database  I wanted is not listed - even if it is.

Now change the option from ACT Database> .pad file to .ADF file and try opening the database