Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Database could not be accessed. ACT Premium

Copper Contributor

Re: Database could not be accessed. ACT Premium

Yeah I had to start the SQL Server even do it set in Auto. At least its working but it should not be this way where I have to start the SQL server manually. Any other ideas?

Copper Super Contributor

Sorry, no other ideas =(  I have yet to determine what causes the SQL services to stop randomly.  I just connect to a users computer, load up the services list, click on SQL SERVER(ACT7), and hit Start.  It's few and far between when this happens, so I just tolerate the minor nuisance it causes.  I even included this topic in my ACT Newsletters I send out to our users so that they don't freak out when they get the error message!

Tuned Listener

is there a permanent solution to this.  mine seems to stay on for a couple of restarts, then it's off again and I get the error???

I am concerned because I have just upgraded to 2009 and spent lots upgrading my laptop (ram and 7200 rpm harddrive), now I have to worry with this??? 

ACT strikes again... ; )

Tuned Listener

What other issue could cause the problem if SQL Server (ACT7) IS running (I stopped it and restarted it just to make sure), and I still get the error message that the "database could not be accessed?" 

I was running XP, and had no issues at all connecting to the database prior to upgrading to Vista SP2 (if that is a possible issue)....BUT...one of my other computers was running Vista (without SP2) all along, and it has this same error now too? Two other Vista machines are running just fine....all four on the same nextwork.

Thanks

Rich 

Copper Contributor

Reviving an old topic but now I'm suffering from a similar problem. SQL SERVER (ACT7) is actually running, but it gives me an error when trying to open my database saying it cannot connect. I then STOP the SQL SERVER (ACT7) service, start it again, and now I can open the database. I shouldn't have to do this though. Any ideas/suggestions?
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Jag,

I believe you have found a solution to this issue in your other thread?