Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Type Id

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Database Type Id

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing some data migration and I want to know which one is the table that contains the phone type. In the tbl_phone i have a column called TypeId that i suppose contains the phone number type(Mobile fax etc.) but i'm not able to find the table that identifies that value. Anyone is aware if there is a way to know the type or i will need to work with the TypeId Guid?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Draiden
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Database Type Id

You want TBL_PICKLISTITEMID.NAME where TBL_PHONE.TYPEID = TBL_PICKLISTITEMID.PICKLISTID that would be Home, Work, etc.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Draiden
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

You want TBL_PICKLISTITEMID.NAME where TBL_PHONE.TYPEID = TBL_PICKLISTITEMID.PICKLISTID that would be Home, Work, etc.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

That worked well thanks, another thing that is a little bit off, I tried to query the contact view, but i get a cast exception on a simple query as select * from Contact is this a known problem?
Silver Super Contributor

The issue is that the views enforce security in the database.  In order to use the views you need to launch SQL with the parameter APP='userid' replacing userid with the userid of the user that you want to retrieve the views for.  An administrator can see all of the records except the records flagged as private.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Any reference on how to do what you are suggesting? I'm on SQL management studio 2012 opening an imported db.

Silver Super Contributor

Get the USERID from TBL_USER then close and restart SSMS and select Options | Additional Connection Parameters and then put in APP='userid goes here'.

That's the way it works in SSMS 2008 R2 I don't have SSMS 2012 on any of my systems.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

It worked like a charm Smiley Happy thanks for your help !!!