Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Import + Supplemental Files

Database Import + Supplemental Files

Hi Everyone, I would like to know if supplemental files are copied while importing from one database to another? If not, is it as easy as copying the files from the supplemental file folder on the original server to the supplemental file folder on the new server? Thanks, Everett
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Database Import + Supplemental Files

Do you mean layouts, templates, documents in the docs tab or history?

What version of ACT!?

Hi GL, Thanks for the response. The ACT user manual refers to "Supplemental Files" as attachments and personal notes. I presume they are referring to the files kept in the sub folders in the directory beneath the database root directory. The reason that I ask is that we attempted to merge two ACT databases using ACT's import feature, and afterwards it seemed as if there were incomplete records. Both of the db's are at the same version (Premium 2008) and all of the fields were correctly mapped. None the less, some of the fields did not populate correctly. My thought is that maybe the "Supplemental Files" are not included in the import process, and if I were to manually copy them over to the new server, that may resolve our issue. Thanks, Everett

The attachments (one of the supplement folders under the database) are not stored in ACT! fields.

If you're missing field data, you'll want to check that first

Have a look at this ACT! Knowledge Base Article

GL, Thanks! This is precisely what I need. Cheers, Everett