Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database Back up

Database Back up

I'm currently attempting to perform a database backup and at the last moments of the download I have repeatedly gotten the message "Access to path ''\\MAIL\BDInsights-database\backup\MAIL_BDinsights_D20110830.BAK' is denied."

Anyone have any thoughts as to why and what I could do to ensure the backup is completed in the future?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Database Back up

You best bet is to use the ACT! scheduler to create an ACT! backup of the database and then backup that. Otherwise you will need to stop the SQL server to do a backup with an external program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I called customer service and was informed that ACT Premium 2007 was no longer supported and thus she could not assist me.   I'm beyond confused by the issue at hand. Can you please walk me through the steps of your suggestion?-

Nickel Contributor

I would guess the user set-up on the Schedular service does not have permissions to the ''\\MAIL\BDInsights-database" file share. You would need to run the service as a user that has permissions to this file location.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Platinum Elite Contributor

Is the database, the folder you're backing up to and where you're backing up to on the same system - \\MAIL

You might find this helpful:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/09/automating-backups-for-act-by-sage.html