Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database ACT2010 Demo could not be accessed, AND Error Connecting to the Microsoft SQL Server

Database ACT2010 Demo could not be accessed, AND Error Connecting to the Microsoft SQL Server

I may not be a Bill Gates style computer wizard, but I can hold my own. I got ACT 2010 Premium running on a vista based system. I have tried everything to get these errors to go away. Yes I went into actdiag, I went into services, I went into the coding and still I keep getting these errors. Yes I disabled firewalls and downloaded everything on the microsoft website that had SQL in it. Now that I am fairly confident I wasted my money buying this program because it is totally useless, I have to turn to others to help solve my problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least a dozen times. Somebody please help me

Bronze Contributor

Re: Database ACT2010 Demo could not be accessed, AND Error Connecting to the Microsoft SQL Server

It might help if you post the exact error message but here are some tips

a) did you install by right click and "Run as Administrator"

b) In services is the SQL Server ACT7 running and showing as started

c) What firewall are you running as these often can cause the problem. Can you trun it off before the install

d) If ACT open can you create a new database

e) After the install have you tried to right click "Run as Administrator"

Hope this helps

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: Database ACT2010 Demo could not be accessed, AND Error Connecting to the Microsoft SQL Server

Cannot create a database - error message "unable to create the database. There is an error connecting to the Microsoft SQL Server.

Please help

Diane

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Diane,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Can you provide some additional information:

- Version of ACT!?

- Is this a new installation of ACT! (opposed to: it was working before)?

- What is the operating system of your computer?

It may be that the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' service is not running; here is an article with instructions for starting the service: KB Article 28216.  Once started, attempt to create a database.

Greg Martin
Sage