Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data erased from field

Data erased from field

I have had this issue twice now and can't explain it. Data from a field will just disapear. The first time it happend it was the phone field. The data was just gone. Now, this second time, it's the address fields, all of them. Address 1, 2 and 3 plus the city, state, and zip fields are all blank. Can anyone help me identify what can cause this to prevent it in the future? Thanks!

Re: Data erased from field

Hello,

It is helpful if you can provide your ACT! version number, operating system, and any other details on what you were doing when the problem occured, so that our members can more easily assist you. 

I was using act premium for real estate 2008. I am not sure what happend at teh time of th eloss because I don' t know when it occured
Nickel Contributor

My general rule is when something doesn't make sense, there is typically a variable you're not aware of.

So let's begin with what addon or sync products, if any, are you using with your database?

Are you syncing with Outlook or a PDA?

Are you the only user of thea database, and if not, do you have admin privileges to the database.

Address fields typically have the "create history" option enabled on the field definition, which means the "history" reports may reveal how (or by whom) the data in that got deleted.

Let' start with these questions before explorign other causes.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca