Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data entered in custom fields replicates to next record

Data entered in custom fields replicates to next record

We had this problem in ACT 10 and still have it after upgrading to ACT Premium 11.   We use lots of custom fields and often after entering data (usually a date field) when moving to the next record to enter data - there is the data just entered in a previous record sitting in one or more of the fields of the next record.  It is very random and unpredictable.  I have had several remote sessions with Tech Support and cannot replicate the issue during the sessions.  All fields are formatted properly (we check this each support session).  All the repair processes have been run.   They have no answer EXCEPT about a month ago a second level support person said it is a "known issue and will be patched soon".  Oddly no first level support person had heard about this and I have yet to be notified of a patch.

Anyone else have this problem or even heard that it was a known issue?  Any solutions?

Fred

Re: Data entered in custom fields replicates to next record

This is due to the large amount of fields in the database.  Consolidating and deleting unused fields will likely cause the issue to go away and well as increase performance in the database.  You may want to have an ACT! Certified Consultant to look at the database to see if there's a better way to organize the data.

ACT! Certified Consultants offer a wide variety of services. This exclusive group of trained entrepreneurs can provide guidance on everything from your initial setup through customizing ACT! to meet your specific needs.

Other services include:
- Software sales
- On-site installation and support services for software, hardware, and networks
- Product training by SBDCC certified instructors
- Industry expertise in sales and database processes

http://www.act.com/partners/acc/find/

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi

I have seen this as well on databases with large number of additional fields.

The only fix I could find was to tell the users to save the record before moving to the next record.

Not ideal but it did seem to work.

Hope this helps.

Chip

Thank you, David and Chip.  I am trimming out unused fields and unnecessary fields as we speak.  I have also instructed our folks to save after every record completion.

Fred