Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data Loss in APFW 19.x Activity Details Tab

Bronze Elite Contributor

Data Loss in APFW 19.x Activity Details Tab

[ Edited ]

In Act! Premium for Web 19.0 and 19.2, using either Internet Explorer or Chrome browser, text placed in an activities Details tab fails to save on closing the activity by moving directly to the General tab and choosing OK button. Which is in contrast to Act! Premium for Web 18.0 or Act! Premium for Windows, where the data is saved in Details tab in the activity when moving to the General tab and operating the OK button. i.e. this is the expected way it should operate. 

If however, in APFW 19.x,  the OK button in the Details tab is operated directly the data in Details tab is saved. The problem of course is people are unaware that the data is not saved particularly if they habitually create or edit activities entering data in Details tab and go to the General tab and choosing OK to exit and save the activity.      

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Administrator

Re: Data Loss in APFW 19.x Activity Details Tab

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We're currently tracking this behaviour under defect ID D-05959.
I've asked for this defect to be updated and have it's priority reassessed, as this was initially logged as a defect affecting only Mac browsers. As you've correctly noted, the issue actually affects all browsers.

I'll post any further updates i receive on the defect in this thread.
js1

[ Edited ]

I am having similar problem only it doesn't matter if I go to General tab and save or stay in Details tab and save - nothing is saving for an Activity in the Details.  Regarding is saving and separate Notes are saving, but Details are not.  Using Chrome browser, APFW 19 also.

Administrator

Hi js1,

We're currently working to resolve this issue. If you're using Act! v19.2 update 1, then this issue only affects Chrome. IE is able to save activity detail correctly.
This is logged as defect D-07117
Bronze Elite Contributor

Gary W wrote:
Hi js1,

We're currently working to resolve this issue. If you're using Act! v19.2 update 1, then this issue only affects Chrome. IE is able to save activity detail correctly.
This is logged as defect D-07117

Our experience today and using Chrome browser:
After applying Update 1 to Service Pack 2 for v 19, the problem I reported above, is now reversed and operating the OK button in the Details tab fails to save the data. Presumably then Update 1 fixed things for IE but broke Chrome. i.e. in attempts to fix D-05959 resulted in a new defect i.e. D-07117. Is that the correct interpretation?        

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

js1

Thanks.  Unfortunately, when home, I'm on a mac and although I would prefer Firefox, I have been using Chrome.  IE not an option.  Pretty sure this isn't the only issue when using Chrome.  I got into a loop of - do you want to stay on this page or leave this page when trying to change some preferences and couldn't accomplish it.  It was where you choose new contacts, activities, etc. to be either public, private or limited.  When you choose limited you can choose users.  Well, I couldn't choose users because of the crazy loop.  So that's another issue on Chrome.

Hi,

@gleo You are correct from the information we have it appears D-05959 and D-07117 are linked however it has been targeted for a fix already in a future update.

@js1 I do know that Chrome for Mac works slightly different from the Windows version and is a couple of builds behind. Due to changes that we have made for the newest build with Chrome for Windows this may have adverse effects on the mac side. Would you be able to provide the Build of chrome you are using, can be found from the 3 dots in the right hand corner - Help - About Google Chrome

js1

Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)

Thanks for providing the version.

It maybe worth updating your version of Chrome as it is presently on Build 59.0.3071

js1

No can do without updated my mac OS and I really don't want to do that!  Smiley Happy