Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dashboard Designer won't show my Opportunities

Dashboard Designer won't show my Opportunities

I am trying to design a dashboard for use in our company. We use Opportunities to track leads, but also to track all our open projects. I am trying to create a listing in our default dashboard that would show all open opportunities for someone when they sign in to ACT!. The ACT! user would be the Record Manager of the Opportunity. We can see this list right now by selecting "Opportunity List" from the left navigation pane and then filtering on: All Dates, Status: Open, Process: All, Probability: All, Total: All, Select User = ACT! User (Record Manager). I tried to replicate this in the Dashboard Designer by using the "Top Opportunities" toolbox item (this is the only one that will allow me to select All Processes), and filtering on Dates: All, Status: Open, Process: All, Stage: All, Probability: All, Total: All, Select User = ACT! User / Record Manager. Seems to me this would give the same results, however, I only get a blank box, nothing gets selected. I bumped up the number of records to display and that didn't do anything either. What am I doing wrong? I really appreciate your help with this!
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Dashboard Designer won't show my Opportunities

I can recreate the behavior as you describe.

Seems to be selecting 'All' Sales Processes thatt breaks the result.  Try leaving all other filter settings the same and just  change the Sales Process choice to select just one process and see if that works.

A workaround may be that you have to create a whole dashboard layout for the user that has the same component repeated as many times as needed - one per sale process that you want to display...

Re: Dashboard Designer won't show my Opportunities

Thank you for your help.  That is exactly the solution I was hoping to avoid.  I have no trouble getting the list one process at a time, but I really need to see all opportunities open for a person across all processes.  I truly appreciate you checking it out for me.  If anyone figures out how to get all processes in one part of the dashboard please let me know.