Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dashboard Data Chart in French!

Dashboard Data Chart in French!

All of my installation of ACT 2011 Premium for web seems to be in english but when I edit a dash board and add a custom data chart the properties and template names are in French.  I have looked in the Act.Dashbo​ard.DataCh​art.xml and the query is in French.  My database is set for en-us and the collation is Latin1_General_CI_AS.  Any ideas on how I can get my data charts to appear in english?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Dashboard Data Chart in French!

I do not have the version but maybe if you go back to the install files and copy the US dashboard files over you existing files might be an easy option. (do a backup first)

You should be able to do a search of the install files .dsh files

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Well i removed all of ACT premium for web on the server and reinstalled it.  The data chart designer was in English as desired.  I then applied the ACT Premium for Web SP1 US and the data chart designer was back in French.  While doing the download I chose US and English!  The file itselt is named ACTPremWeb2011SP1_US_Update_HF1.exe.

Is this a bad install package or is there some other hotfix I need?  I am at V 13.1.111.0 Hotfix 1  English! 

Bronze Contributor

Just ran across this at a client site.  The SP!_Hotfix1 inclusive download has a bad file - the Act.Dashboard.DataChart.xml is a French version - and it appears to be wrong on the ACT Premium and ACT Premium for Web download.  The install files are wrong - so what you have to do is find a machine that is pre-hotfix1 and sp1 combined and copy the file.  I don't think you can download the prior verision directly from the download site.  They are only showing the combined image.  However, if you have a Sage customer logon, you should be able to go to support/downloads and bring down one of the updates there and then check and see if, using winzip, you can find the xml file and open it in Notepad.  Search for French - no french you should be go to go.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Bronze Elite Contributor

This is from the eStore download? I'm not seeing this on my install, but I may have used a different package. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

I was able to confirm this in our media. Simple solution is to extract and replace the file attached here with the one in C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Tools.

We'll work on fixing this for future customers. Thank you for your support. 

Copper Contributor

Ta - fixed...
Roland Horwood
Frame Design
TJ Crump Oakwrights Ltd
www.oakwrights.co.uk