Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DYMO LABELS: Can't print from "Company" view...

DYMO LABELS: Can't print from "Company" view...

I have just installed the Dymo label writer software, and everything appears to be working fine. However, I noticed I can only print labels in the "Contacts" view. For example, while under "companies", I cannot print a label, even though each company entry contains a full address. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do about it? I have already entered hundreds of company entries under "companies" rather than "contacts". Help!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: DYMO LABELS: Can't print from "Company" view...

Does the Dymo label printer use the standard ACT! label templates for printing?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I believe so. How can I tell?
Platinum Elite Contributor

If they do use the standard label templates then it would be possible to print labels from the company addresses. However it requires specially modified versions of the ACT! labels.  I sell a package of label and envelope templates that include versions that print from the company table addresses.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you, but I am not trying to purchase anything at this time. I do believe the standard ACT labels are being used, yet it will not allow me to print the label from the "company" view. Are you able to help me determine what adjustments need to be made in order to print a label?
Bronze Elite Contributor

ACT letters and label templates are designed to work from the Contact table view therefore if Dymo use this link they can also only print from the contact screen.

You can create Contacts from the Company Table view, In the company View go to Companies on the top line, you will then see a drop down view with Create Contact from Company.  Also under this drop down list is View Linked Fields which show what Contact fields will be populated by the Company record.

This may be the easiest and most cost effective way forward if you do not want to purchase add-ons.

Thank you.
Silver Contributor

if your are just geting started, I don't know that would use the company view. ACT is contact centric. Companies are helpful if you are selling accross large organizations and you would link contacts to them to view the activitiy under the companies.

Depending on your use, I would even sugest exporting out of the company level and import back in at the contact level.  It is from this level that mail merges, email, reports and your labels would come from.

There are certainly reasons to use companies, but from the sounds of what you are currently doing, I would probably not sugest using them.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider