Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DYMO DYMO DYMO - Windows 2008 R2 Server - FAIL

DYMO DYMO DYMO - Windows 2008 R2 Server - FAIL

DYMO is a complete failure with windows 2008 R2 Server

How can this be?

Has anyone been able to get (ANY) DYMO Version Plug-in to work with Windows 2008 R2 Server?

I have installed every version there is and still nothing in the tools menu.    I have started clean a few times and installed Windows R2 Server 64bit, Then Act! Then DYMO 8.5 and nothing..... and every other version known to man of DYMO

ACT! 2011 Premium

Windows 2008 R2 Server

Earth to Dymo….   HELP

Re: DYMO DYMO DYMO - Windows 2008 R2 Server - FAIL

We are sorry for the inconvenience but we do not support Windows 20008 Server. We do have our Label Writer print server for which we do guarantee total functionality and offer full support. Thank you for your understanding. ^CP

http://www.dymo.com/en-US/labelwriter-print-server - FAILS to install ACT! Plugin on 2008 R2 Server

So your telling me that the print server version will magicly install the act plugin and give me my Dymo button on 2008 R2 Server?

I don't think so!   We already have 4 Dymo Print Servers.

The issue is the ACT! Plugin on Act! 2011 Premium  not installing on a Windows 2008 R2 Server.    

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't ACT! a Windows based Application that runs on MS SQL Server.     

Windows 2008 R2 Server is what any corporate workgroup is using as a server.  And when you have say a "sales force"  that needs remote access they RDP to that server from the field.  

That the DYMO ACT! plugin fails on this server and ACT! is a completre failure by both parties here.

DYMO and ACT!

Is Act! only good as a desktop install and how does anyone use it with over 25 users with a DYMO lable printer?

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! doesn't provide the link to the DYMO label printer. You need to dicuss this directly with DYMO support.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

We do understand the inconvenience and we want to help even though we do not offer support for Windows Server 2008. We can provide the Dymo Label Software version 7.8 which is compatible with the Label Writer 400 and 300 range.

http://tinyurl.com/5vd8nq

If you do have a Label Writer from the 450 range, the patch for the 7.8 will be necessary:

http://tinyurl.com/k8jbbw3

You need to install the software locally and not in the server. Only the US version of Act is supported. Under this circumstances, it may work altough I just want to remind you that we do not offer support for Windows Server 2008. 

^CP