Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DB has already been unpacked and synced at least once. Please recreate remote DB or restore a backed up copy.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

DB has already been unpacked and synced at least once. Please recreate remote DB or restore a backed up copy.

[ Edited ]

Why am I getting this error?  Server Error Description: .RDB has already been unpacked and synced at least once. Please recreate remote DB or restore a backed up copy. Contact your administration for assistance.

Please refer to this post link to see what transpired before getting this error:

http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Error-message-when-opening-a-database-This-database-is-not/m...

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: DB has already been unpacked and synced at least once. Please recreate remote DB or restore a backed up copy.

Hello Mike!  Thank you for all your help. Changing the computer name back to it's original name is what finally cured the problem.  Syncing fine again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: DB has already been unpacked and synced at least once. Please recreate remote DB or restore a backed up copy.

Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mike,

Thank you. She had changed her computer name prior to getting this error. I followed the insructions to change it on the serve. Same problem though. Any other suggestions? Can you give me a quote for an hourly rate. I need to get her up in running ASAP. Then, i need to get everything over to the new server and upgraded to 2012 v16Pro. If you see my other posts you will see I am dealing with an attachment issue as well. I got the attachment folder down from 50GB to 70MB. But, now the documents and history (emails) are missing from the client files. The names are there with 0kb.

Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mike, I have to leave the office for a couple of hours. If you text or call me on my cell, if interestd in helping with this problem, I do need help. What is the time difference there? It is 2:40 in the afternoon here.

Platinum Elite Contributor

If she changed her computer name with the db loaded, she'll have other issues.

Any chance another user has the same PC name?

Have you checked the version numbers - her's, server and sync service?

Have you checked the name in the Sync Panel?

Unfortunately, I'm flat out today... might be available tomorrow

You should remove private details from the posts and send me a message via:
http://www.glcomputing.com.au/contact.php
Copper Elite Contributor

Mike,

I have done both of those processes. So, why does it not work? Is there no other option?  Would if we changed the name of the computer back to the original name?  Are you sure there is not another identifier that SQL/Act is looking for? I’m assuming that no matter what we name a computer, it has a unique “birth name”/manufactured name, correct?

Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Mike!  Thank you for all your help. Changing the computer name back to it's original name is what finally cured the problem.  Syncing fine again.