Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DATEBASE

DATEBASE

When I installed ACT six months ago, I merged two different databases, database "A" & database "B" to create a new database "C". I've realized I do not want the merged database "C" anymore. I want to go back to just database "A" but be able to save and add to "A" all of the new contacts added in the last 6 months to "C". Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: DATEBASE

Depending on how you combined A and B...

If you imported A into B - all of the contacts from A will have a date in the field 'Import Date'.   

Works the same if B were imported into A - all B contacts will have the 'Import Date'.

To separate the databases, you could:

- create a new database by using the 'File > Save Copy As > select Empty Copy option'

- in the original database perform Lookup Contacts with Import Date equal to 'your import date'

- you can then export the list of contacts from the original database into the new empty copy (File > Export > use 'Current Lookup' option). 

Greg Martin
Sage

I really only need to export the new contacts added as of the date the two databases were merged. I have the original, un-merged databases and would simply add back in the 'new contacts' to the unmerged database...can I do that?
Platinum Super Contributor

While in database 'C', you can do a Lookup using the field 'Create Date' and criteria of 'On or After' to list all contacts created after the original import date.  Once that Lookup is done, you can then use the File > Export function to either database A or B while selecting the 'Current Lookup' option.

For  a more visual confirmation, you can add the 'Create Date' field to the Contact List view by using the View > Customize Columns function. 

I recommend that you make backups of your databases (A & B) before exporting into them, just in case the results are not as expected.  The backup function is located in File > Backup > Database.

Greg Martin
Sage