Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cyclic redundancy check error during sync

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cyclic redundancy check error during sync

I have had this problem over a year ago. 4 of us sync to the server. 1 of 4 is getting a Cyclic redundancy check error during sync message.  Before I fixed it by running chkdsk. This time, that nor defragging helped.

Any solutons?  We use Permium 2009 version 11 hotfix 4.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Cyclic redundancy check error during sync

Everything is now working.  It was due to errors on the Server HDD.  Godaddy was able to fix the errors. When I initially did the chkdsk command, I did not get the error report so I assumed it just worked. The next time I ran chkdsk, I watched it to completion and saw that is stopped early because of errors.  When I tried the Windows repair tool, it required a re-boot. After re-boot, the server no longere allowed me access via Remote Desk Top. That's when I got Godaddy involved. They must have fixed the errors for me because it is all working now again.

Thank you again for all of your help!  Much appreciated!

Todd

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Typically a CRC error would indicate that there was corruption of the data during transmission from sender to receiver. Have you ran database meintenance on both the host and remote database?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

thank you for responding.yes I did. In fact I ran it from both the drop-down menu, and by running actdiag. Didn't fix it.
Copper Elite Contributor

I am still seeking a solution. Only one remote is getting the error.

Silver Super Contributor

A CRC error is usually but not necessarily from retrieving data from the hard drive.  You could try detaching the database and then moving it to a different location on the hard drive and then reattaching it.  That should eliminate the CRC error but it might make the database unreadable depending on where the CRC error is in the database.  It is also possible that the CRC error is caused by a bad network driver.  I would try updating the network driver first and if that didn't fix it I would try moving the database and if that didn't fix it I would create a new remote for them and import from the old remote into the new remote.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Everything is now working.  It was due to errors on the Server HDD.  Godaddy was able to fix the errors. When I initially did the chkdsk command, I did not get the error report so I assumed it just worked. The next time I ran chkdsk, I watched it to completion and saw that is stopped early because of errors.  When I tried the Windows repair tool, it required a re-boot. After re-boot, the server no longere allowed me access via Remote Desk Top. That's when I got Godaddy involved. They must have fixed the errors for me because it is all working now again.

Thank you again for all of your help!  Much appreciated!

Todd

Silver Super Contributor

I would make a backup of your database as soon as possible and I would keep a backup prior to their "fix" too just in case.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Elite Contributor

I have auto backups being done daily. Thank you, Stan. I have another issue that I posted and have yet to find a solution.  My calendar view, no matter what I select, weekly, daily, monthly, it will only display the mini monthly view. That is the case on myclient and on one other client.  The server calendar works fine. I've adjusted the DPI pure suggestions.

I saw a solition that said to delete or rename preferences and then ACT will ask me to reset preferences and it should work. But, I can't find my preferences file to rename.

Copper Elite Contributor

Silver Super Contributor

It wouldn't hurt to try restoring from one of them just in case they are all bad.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com